You have come to the right place if you are searching for an accurate yet affordable cutting power tool. The Kreg Accu-Cut offers superior results by delivering neat and precise cuts regardless of the size and material of your workpiece. Here is my Kreg Accu-Cut Review track guide.
For those yet to invest in this guide track, the Kreg Accu-Cut transforms your circular saw into a track-steered cutting machine whose priority is neat and accurate cuts. It works well with different materials, including panel boards and plywood, and can easily make angled, ripped, and crosscuts.
Here is my Kreg Accu-Cut Review track guide:
Kreg Accu-Cut Overview
This machine is affordable; fortunately, it doesn’t give up any valuable features. You can use it anytime to make different types of cuts easily. Besides it is efficient.
Here is everything you need to know about the Kreg Accu-Cut setup:
- Dimensions: 71.12 by 20.32 by 9.86 cm
- Weight: 4.99Kgs
- Measurement Setup: Metric
- Power Source: Hand-Powered
- Batteries Needed: No
What I Like
- This system transforms the average saw into an accurate rail system for clean and precise cuts.
- It is made of high-quality aluminum for unmatched durability.
- It is perfect for beginners and professionals alike.
- It’s easy to set up and use.
- The rail system lets you make cuts of up to 50 inches.
- There are pads at the bottom to ensure the saw doesn’t touch the stock, preventing unwanted scratches on your workpiece.
- This track works perfectly with left-blade and right-blade saws.
What I Don’t Like
- If you are making cuts longer than 50 inches, investing in this setup might not be a good idea.
- You will have to buy the expansion tools and other accessories separately.
The package had the Kreg Accu-cut saw, sled, rail, and an additional four pieces of the system when I opened it. While it’s a simple package, it hauls an efficient power tool ideal for any workshop.
To set it up, place the guide rails on a desk and join them using the included screws. Then take the sled and attach it to the circular saw using the included pair of screws.
The rail system is almost similar to the track saw and is built using quality aluminum. Finally, fit the sled in the grooves, and you’re done!
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this rail system before setting up, but I was impressed after making a few cuts.
I began by cleaning the track rail and unpacked the guide strips. Next, I used the four included strips on the four parts of the track. I own a DeWalt track saw which I connected to the Kreg Accu Cut, which fits like a glove.
Next, I positioned the sled into the sliding bar, modified the DeWalt circular saw’s position on the sled and tied the screws.
I also adjusted the saw’s location on the sliding bar and twisted the sled screw downwards. As for the anti-splitter strip, I set it along the rail system’s side to help make clean cuts.
And with that, I decided to make my very first cut using this setup. I am glad to report that all my cuts were neat and accurate.
My blade has 48 teeth for ultimate performance. I found it the best attachment for this saw, but you can also use other blades. Fortunately, the Kreg Accu-cut allows easy connection to the left and right-blade circular saws. Besides you can easily attach and detach it.
This machine is quite an impressive tool that delivers superior performance with my DeWalt track saw. It gives excellent results on straight cuts, so whatever your project, if it involves making such cuts on wood, you should invest in the Kreg Accu-Cut saw.
Once you set the proper adjustments for the shoe’s width, you can be sure to get neat, straight cuts. Moreover, for the cabinet makers, this setup also allows for angled cuts.
This is a magnificent and efficient tool that’s reasonably priced. It’s the best opportunity to perfect your work with immaculate and accurate cuts. Instead of investing in another circular saw, consider integrating the Kreg Accu-Cut rail system into your current one.
Fortunately, most corded and cordless circular saws are compatible with this setup. Simply connect it to the base with the included clamping screws. You can also shift the screws to adjust positions for accommodating different saw shoes.
You can use the saw on the base or detach it for freehand cutting and eventually re-attach it without having to realign the splinter strip and the blade. This feature is especially useful for woodworkers with one circular saw and needing to use it with and without the Accu-Cut system.
Unfortunately, the sled system comes with a few downsides, including the fact that there is some space between the components. Nonetheless, this doesn’t impact the quality of the cut. The bigger issue is that the sled is made of plastic, so be careful not to drop it, or it might break.
What’s in the Box?
Here is what’s included in the Kreg Accu-Cut package:
- One user manual
- 2 Aluminum guide tracks
- 8 Anti-chip guide strips
- 6 Steel track connectors
- Starting block
- Universal slow sled
Tips for Setting Up the Kreg Accu-Cut
Here are a few handy tips on how to set the Accu-Cut guide:
- Align the guide track with the marks you’ve put on your workpiece for the most precise cuts.
- You can prevent splintering using the anti-chip straps which usually support your workpiece when cutting.
- Hold the track in position without clamps using the anti-slip guide straps.
- Make crosscuts, rip cuts, and beveled cuts up to 50 inches long on different materials, such as panels, MDF, and plywood.
- Start making cuts effortlessly using the starting block, which supports and facilitates typical blade guard action.
- Finally, take the saw to your workpiece, as opposed to taking your workpiece to the saw.
Overall, the Accu-Cut guide system is a wise investment. While it has a few shortcomings, most of what it offers is excellent, especially since you can mount it on numerous circular saws. Additionally, it is quick and easy to set up and the quality of the cuts you can make with this system is exceptional.
Even though some woodworkers might need to make cuts longer than 50 inches, most of us never make such cuts. This guide system is worth every penny and fortunately, it is also affordable. Invest in the Kreg Accu-Cut guide to boost your art with incredible accuracy and neat cuts.